My topic was how culture has greatly influenced me because I grew up in America and suddenly move to Taiwan with my family when I was only 9 years old.
Here were my bits (I'll keep it short)
- Paper dragon body: I was born in the year of the dragon. 1988
- Cartoony birds: I was amused by how java finches were used to tell fortunes at temples.
- Scary mask and bloody hand on the right: My mom took me to a buddhist festival and I saw people beating themselves over with weapons. That was to signify that they had a spirit within them and it was giving them power. The sight of blood on other people scarred me as a child.
- Buddha: I'm not buddhist, but I've always thought the cartoony idols in Taiwan was cute. Also the chinese characters mean what was going through my head as I was writing them down.
- Food: Taiwan has lots of good food. Lots.
- Woven flags: I'm proud to say I'm from the United States as well as Taiwan. Both have greatly shaped me to who I am today.